Monday, November 5, 2007

Ilse Bing

Puddle, Paris



Child with Toy, Paris 1931

These are some of the photos by Ilse Bing that caught my eye. I really like going through her works. The Puddle shows the reflection of the buildings along the street line. It's really neat how much can be reflected through a single puddle. The Child with Toy photo reminded me of my cousins. I remember dragging around little toys on ropes, like the dogs, or a boat and my cousins still do the same. It's neat to realize that simple little toys have been around for ages.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Yeah, kids don't need much to be entertained. I used to love playing with large, cardboard boxes. Huh?

In the puddle, notice how in a single image she shows down and up simultaneously. Cool. Puddles are neat that way. Think about what images can be reflected in them (I'm thinking of story of Narcissus) and what that might mean.